The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 53 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 53 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 500 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 500 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 505 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 505 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 500 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 500 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 505 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 505 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $alreadyvoted - Line: 574 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 574 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Poll: Am I Right? Or WAY off base ?
This poll is closed.
Geo Is Right as Always
100.00%
1 100.00%
Geo Doesn't Know S*** Smile
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Cameron Guys & Old Cameron Guys
There has been a recent shift in the Scotty Cameron player and Collector world.

Recently I have been bombarded with questions on Facebook regarding certain models, era, vintage. And the dreaded 'I have never seen this before".

Many of the questions just were common knowledge to the Scotty Cameron folks.  Or so I thought.

But, I had to put things in perspective. 

Many of the questions were coming from younger players/collectors. Say 20-30 years old.

Tiger won his first Masters 21 years ago using the famed Tei3 Newport.  The effort that sent that market into the stratosphere.  I remember that era, I remember selling those putters new.

It hit me: Many of these 'kids' heading into the Cameron Market weren't even Born, or can't remember that time period !

Most have never seen a Solestamp Tei3,  Pintail Coronado, a Mizuno Classic head cover or Classic 1. Or even the Tour Putters from the early 2000's, when 99.9% ofTour Putters and Circle T Putters were actually made for Tour players and not collectors as they are now. The list is endless.

Things that were common knowledge 15 years ago, let alone 10 years ago, isn't common.     The best part is the younger collectors seem to like I mean REALLY like the old school stuff. 

Why ?

All they have been privy to is the past 10 years of Blah Stainless Red Dot Off the Rack (OTR) putters.  Or 'Tour' putters that are $5000 that have never seen a 'tour' in their life.

They seem to have an appreciation for a gamer that was a PGA players putter that has some battle scars.  Even the Tei3 Putters and Oil Can & Mill Specs.   They know if they want a good, carbon steel putter, they have to go back in time almost 20 years !   Especially left-handers.  

Along with that, many old school guys I knew have gotten out completely.  They already have seen all the old stuff, or owned it.  And the new stuff just doesn't fit the bill.    Let alone you can't get an older putter refinished from the studio exactly identical to how it was originally.  If you sent a Classic 1 from 1993 in to be restored. The finish would be different (no more shiny black oxide), the grip and cover would be too.   Plus the price is more for a restoration than what most of these clubs sold for originally.  

An interesting time indeed. And some good bargains to be had.  That putter you passed in in 2008, is in demand now.

OCTJMOICBW     (Of Course, That's Just My Opinion, I could Be Wrong)
(03-20-2018, 12:03 PM)geogolf Wrote: There has been a recent shift in the Scotty Cameron player and Collector world.

Recently I have been bombarded with questions on Facebook regarding certain models, era, vintage. And the dreaded 'I have never seen this before".

Many of the questions just were common knowledge to the Scotty Cameron folks.  Or so I thought.

But, I had to put things in perspective. 

Many of the questions were coming from younger players/collectors. Say 20-30 years old.

Tiger won his first Masters 21 years ago using the famed Tei3 Newport.  The effort that sent that market into the stratosphere.  I remember that era, I remember selling those putters new.

It hit me: Many of these 'kids' heading into the Cameron Market weren't even Born, or can't remember that time period !

Most have never seen a Solestamp Tei3,  Pintail Coronado, a Mizuno Classic head cover or Classic 1. Or even the Tour Putters from the early 2000's, when 99.9% ofTour Putters and Circle T Putters were actually made for Tour players and not collectors as they are now. The list is endless.

Things that were common knowledge 15 years ago, let alone 10 years ago, isn't common.     The best part is the younger collectors seem to like I mean REALLY like the old school stuff. 

Why ?

All they have been privy to is the past 10 years of Blah Stainless Red Dot Off the Rack (OTR) putters.  Or 'Tour' putters that are $5000 that have never seen a 'tour' in their life.

They seem to have an appreciation for a gamer that was a PGA players putter that has some battle scars.  Even the Tei3 Putters and Oil Can & Mill Specs.   They know if they want a good, carbon steel putter, they have to go back in time almost 20 years !   Especially left-handers.  

Along with that, many old school guys I knew have gotten out completely.  They already have seen all the old stuff, or owned it.  And the new stuff just doesn't fit the bill.    Let alone you can't get an older putter refinished from the studio exactly identical to how it was originally.  If you sent a Classic 1 from 1993 in to be restored. The finish would be different (no more shiny black oxide), the grip and cover would be too.   Plus the price is more for a restoration than what most of these clubs sold for originally.  

An interesting time indeed. And some good bargains to be had.  That putter you passed in in 2008, is in demand now.

OCTJMOICBW     (Of Course, That's Just My Opinion, I could Be Wrong)

I agree with the new generation of Cameron Collectors.  Of course I am not privileged to read the world of TheCameronCollector as I was banned long ago.  I really believe that the best putters coming out from Cameron was in the early 90s to the early 2000s.  After that its name only with a new gimmick.   Call it marketing yet the masses still come.  Reminds me of PT Barnum.  For those who love the current and newer Cameron offerings then more power to them.  True classics live on.
I have been using Scotty Cameron putters for some time now, and before I did try one the only other putter I put in my bag was the old ping anser putter. I'm not one to constantly change my golf clubs around, so I'm wanting to purchase a new Scotty Cameron, and every time I bring it up, so many people are telling me to try all these other putters that to me look just like a Scotty Cameron. For me and my trusty ol' Scotty, buying any other putters other than a new SC is not really an option. I feel a certain loyalty to the SC, I have had some great memories with my ol' putter and just wont entertain the idea of buying anything else.